Wednesday 9 January 2013

Jan 9th Brimham Rocks sunset

With the weather becoming colder and more settled, I was hopeful that tonight might be a good opportunity to take some star trail shots, but as the sun set over the horizon and the cloud started to build it became apparent that this was not the night.


Brimham Rocks  (2 secs@f5.6,  iso100)

I was however rewarded for my efforts with a superb sunset over the rocks from my favourite vantage point.  This image was taken about 20mins after the sun had disappeared below the horizon.
I've taken many images from exactly this point, it always seems to come up with goods if there's a good sunset.
The juxtaposition of all the rock formations fall in just right place to give a perfect silhouette again the big west facing sky.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!!...........Tee hee

No comments: