Tuesday 3 September 2013

1st September.................Wasdale weekend


With the St Michaels Everest BC trek looming ever closer I went over to Wasdale for some much needed exercise and to get some more shots of "Britains' favourite view" 
The weather was pretty poor for making landscape images so I took a different view of the Dale and tried to portray its more usual moody intimidating character.
After taking my shots of Wastwater I walked up the remote and beautiful Upper Eskdale with the River Esk for company and the imposing mostly cloud covered bulk of Scafell and Scafell Pike dominating the view I saw only a couple of other walkers all day.
At this point the river is a series of spectacular waterfalls and canyons and a delight and privilege to photograph, and they get more spectacular and less accessible the further upstream you go.
 







No comments: